Monday, July 16, 2012

Mission Week #90


June 25 ,2012

Hi!
Its weird to be sitting at the same computer doing emails where I sat for 6 months when I was in Orem last time. It was a good first week here. We cover the east part of south Orem and we cover a ward and a branch. It was definitely a different experience to get to an area and not know anyone. We contacted the ward mission leaders and by Thursday we had met with most of the leadership. It is fun to be with Elder Ramires again and it is a good opportunity to progress with Spanish more because he doesn't like speaking English. The first couple days I was missing having a car because our bikes weren't in working condition so we had to fix them up but its OK now. I can't complain at all though, I have had a car for 18 months.
I'm not ZL anymore and it is nice not to have to worry about the extra stuff. When President gave me the transfer call he didn't tell me that I was going to be the DL but nobody in the district knew so we called the APs and they said they forgot to tell me.
The Sisters who were here before didn't leave us any set appointments but we have have contacted most of the people they were visiting and there is some good potential.
I got my last email from President Pitts today:
"I know you were surprised at transfers.  You have been a tremendous missionary.  Thank you for being solid and uplifting in all that you have done. I knew I could always count on you .. and you always came through.  I love you. Love, President Pitts"
He leaves Thursday and Saturday we have a zone meeting and we will be meeting President McCune.
Glad to hear that Josie has arrived safely. There are so many new faces to meet!
The mission office changed so I have a new address
85 North 600 East
Provo, UT 84606
Have a great week!
Love, Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment