Monday, July 16, 2012

Mission Week #78

April 3,2012 (Conference Week)


Hello from Heber,

Going to Salt Lake for conference was pretty sweet. The experience as
a missionary is awesome. We sat on the 3rd row all the way to the
right which is right next to the door where all the general
authorities walk in. Three of the 12 apostles, and 5 or 6 seventies
came down and talked to us before conference started. Elder Scott
talked to us in spanish for a couple minutes. After it ended most of
the general authorites came down and I shook hands with around 20 of
them. That doesnt happen too often so it was a memorable experience.
Priesthood session was my favorite. All of the talks were impacting
and I cant decide which one I liked best.

I am enjoying Heber a lot. I am impressed with how fast I got in
contact with the Harringtons. We were getting our hair cut and she
walked in the store. We didnt have a dinner so she made us some
lasagna which was delicious. Still havent been to Dairy Keen but I
think we are going today.

All three of the companionships in the district are taking over new
stakes/areas and two Elders are white washing completely. We have had
to spend time showing them around so I am excited to have more time
this week to work in my own area. Also, we had to put together the new
ZPA for April this week because tomorrow we present it at ZLC and then
we present it to the zone at district meetings this week. Wednesday is
our district meeting then Thursday we drive out to Roosevelt and
Vernal for their meetings.

I am still getting to know all of the investigators but we are
teaching some awesome people. Next week ill update a little more on
that.

Starting today we get to work without full suits. I had been looking
foward to this for awhile but it is 40 degrees and windy so I am
wearing a jacket anyway. I cant wait for hot weather.

Have a great week!

Love, Elder Clark












No comments:

Post a Comment