Monday, July 16, 2012

Mission Week #77

March 27, 2012


Hola,

First news...... I am getting transferred to Heber! I am pretty excited for various reasons.

1. I already know my companion pretty well and he will be fun to serve with. His name is Elder Stephenson and he's from Washington.
2. I will get to go back to Roosevelt for District Meetings and exchanges. I love that place.
3. The area was two Spanish areas until this transfer. They combined it into one area so we should have lots of work to do.
4. Dairy Keen is free. 
5. We have a brand new truck. 2012 Colorado.  

Of course I am sad to leave here though. In six months you get to know everyone pretty well. We had dinner last night with the Ortegas. She made pupusas which is the best food from El Salvador. They are doing well and should be getting married and baptized in the next couple of weeks.

Martin Gonzales is on date for the 7th. He is completely ready and it had been cool to see him change.

We were at a missionary correlation meeting on Thursday and one of the ward mission leaders mentioned that a new family moved in that supposedly had like 30 kids. He thought it was an error so he had us go check it out. It turns out it was not an error. They actually have 35 kids. And 7 wives. I met polygamists for the first time. The wife I talked to was pretty nice. We talked to her about her beliefs. Pretty interesting.

In other news, I am going to conference on Saturday morning. I wasnt sure if I was going to get to go but we found out this morning. I am pumped!

Saturday afternoon we went to Rancheritos with the distict. It is the same exact thing as betos but for some reason they changed the name here. Some of the stuff still even says betos. In honor of my father, I ordered rolled tacos. Interestingly enough, I like the food there now. 

For P-day today we are just hanging out with the district. One of the companionships lives in a huge mansion. The members have three pools and like 15 cars and they are always nice about letting us come over and play with their pool table, ping pong table, air hockey table and other stuff. Also, pizza hut gives us free pizza once a month so we are getting that today. 

Have a great week! Enjoy conference!

Love, Elder Clark













No comments:

Post a Comment