Monday, December 12, 2011

Week #53


Hola,

Well, transfers have come again and I am heading back to civilization after 9 months of Santaquin and Roosevelt. I have mixed feelings about leaving the small towns but it should be a good change. I am pretty pleased with the transfer call overall.  I am going to the Orem Lakeridge area. It is pretty funny because the area is only 4 blocks away from my first area where I was all last winter. Also, the area border is 400 south which we all know to be the street on which Julie lives. So yes, I am now covering Julie's stake, and three other stakes in the surrounding area.  My companion will be Elder Arnett. He just started his mission 6 weeks ago so it will be fun to have another new comp. I was also very pleased to find out it is a car area. 

It was a cold week in Roosevelt. It was in the 30s every morning this week and there was even a little snow/slush. We went to go contact a referral we had recieved in a place called Lapoint that is closer to the mountains and there was snow all over the ground. Many people have told me that by leaving now I am escaping the real winter. Someone said the Roosevelt was the coldest city in the USA for a two weeks last year.

We ate dinner last night with the Uribes and are eating with the Vazquezs tonight. Hna. Uribe asked if I could come back to baptize her when they are ready. That would be cool if that could work out. Victor is doing well. He wasnt quite ready for this week but he should be ready in 2 or 3 weeks. This week we were going through the area book and contacting former investigators. We found a record of a family and felt like visiting them. When we showed up it was almost funny how excited they were to see us. They had been taught for awhile but it has been several months since they were visited. They told us that 2 days before we stopped by they were talking to each other about how they wished we would come back.

It was nice to get some more wedding pictures this week. And some of Zoe. She seems like quite the happy little girl.

Until next week,

Love, Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment