Monday, June 27, 2011

Mission Week #39

Sent: Mon, Jun 27, 2011 1:42 pm

Hello,

It is very sad to hear of the passing of Grandpa Clark. I had just finished reading the email from mom when President Pitts called and talked to me. I'm glad the email was titled "Open First." It is weird being so out of the loop for something like this. I am grateful that we were able to go and see him and spend some time with him before I went into the MTC.

We had a pretty busy week here. We drove down to Provo Monday night and stayed at the mission home. We had a little devotional with President. He always seems to have some sort of amazing scriptures or deep doctrine. The next morning we had zone conference. There was a theme scripture (DC 109:22) and everyone is supposed to prepare a talk then President just picks 4 people to speak. I was number 3. I was kind of thinking I would get called because I hadn't yet. I just talked on taking the name of Christ upon us.

We did service with some old people on Wednesday. While we were working we heard a weird noise that turned out to be a woodchuck hiding under a trailer, trying not to be eaten by two dogs. In the end, he was unsuccessful because my companion aided the dogs and poked the woodchuck with a stick. It was quite the event.

Sindi (Cindy) got baptized Saturday. Elder Santos served here when he started his mission and evidently had taught her dad so he got permission to come to the baptism. The Branch President, President Spencer, did the baptism. It was a great experience after not having one for awhile.

The Fam. Urive and Fam. Vasquez  are progressing well but also had a death in the family last week. On Friday we were teaching the Urives and Hno. Urive told us how is mom wasnt doing to well and the next day she passed away. That is Hna. Vasquez's mom. They were sad at church but the branch members were good to them.

Wednesday we went to the Temple and Cafe Rio after. Two of my favorite places. The Vernal temple is really small but awesome nonetheless.

I love you all, keep me posted,

Elder Clark


No comments:

Post a Comment