Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mission Week #36

Sent: Mon, Jun 6, 2011 1:11 pm
Subject: TRANSFERS

Hola,

We got the calls Saturday night and I am going to.............................Roosevelt!  Hello Eastern Utah. I am not sure if there are Spanish missionaries in Vernal so I think I going to the farthest place possible from where I am now. My companion's name is Elder Meakin. I think he has been out about the same time as me...not really sure. Also, I think the area has a truck so that's a plus. Evidently there are lots of Native Americans who do not like it when there are mistaken for hispanics and are easily offended by that. That is about all I have heard about the area.

As I think I have mentioned we have been doing weekly service out in Mosida with a Senior missionary couple for a while. We go out every Tuesday and have lunch then do service. We have gotten pretty close to them the last little while. They are leaving this week so last week they had a good bye lunch and we did service after. Thursday we helped a family in Goshen move. They happen to be moving to Riverton Wyoming. If I am not mistaken that is where Dad was born. I think Goshen and Riverton must be similar towns.

I don't know if I talked about one of our new investigators, Manuela, last email. We found here like two weeks ago in some more hidden apartments in Genola. There was a "ESTE HOGAR ES CATOLICO" sign which almost stopped us from knocking due to prior experience with knocking on doors with the same sign. She was nice though and we had a good lesson. We always give people pamphlets and at the end of the pamphlets there are questions with blanks to fill them in. I kind of forgot there were questions at the back though because no one has ever done them before but as were were talking with Manuela the next lesson she showed how she had answered all the questions and asked us about all the parts she didnt quite get. Seems to be some potential there.

Last night I said good bye to some familes. Pedro's mom was the best. When we shook hands as we were walking out she held it for like 2 minutes and started crying and stuff. Good lady.

Well, it should be an exciting next week. Sounds like things are pretty busy at home!

Con Amor, Elder Clark



No comments:

Post a Comment