Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mission Week #93


July 17, 29012

Hello again!
 
Last week went by fast... For PDay we went to nickel city and played laser tag and all the games that aren't video games. We spent a lot of nickels on one particular machine and got like 3000 tickets. It was fun. I interviewed a 16 year old named Tristan for baptism and it was a cool experience. He has made some big changes in his life and he got baptized Saturday.
 
We had interviews with President McCune this week. I like him a lot. He has more of a normal person vibe and President Pitts had sort of a general authority vibe. He will be great for the mission. When we started our interview he asked me to remind him how long I had been out. When I told him he basically talked about finishing strong the entire time but it was good.
 
Wednesday we went to the Timpanogas temple as a district. The Cosgraves happened to be in the same session so it was fun to see them again. He is now a Branch President in the MTC.
 
Thursday I went on exchanges with the other Elders in the district. The dinner appointment we had was pretty funny. We were in the kitchen talking to the family as they were finishing preparing dinner and I saw that they had a chore chart and piano practicing was on there. I asked their 10 year old son if he had practiced the piano that day and he got mad. Then his mom started with the very familiar "I keep telling him that he is going to be happy that I made him learn one day..." speech. The son got more angry and left the room and his dad had to go talk to him. I felt like I was re-living the experience from my childhood. I think I probably reacted the same way at that age. Poor kid, he has years of battling ahead of him.
Is the battle worth it? Who knows...
 
It was fun to see mom.  The sheer look of surprise was priceless.
 
Have a good week!
 
Love, Elder Clark
 

No comments:

Post a Comment