Wednesday, August 4, 2010

MTC Week 1

Hello Family,

Its hard to believe its me writing this email after all the years of being the one at home waiting to hear from everybody else, but Its good to be here! I dont exactly remember what I told you in the letter I wrote so I guess I'll just go over everything. My companion's name is Elder Meyer. He is from Provo and is going to San Jose California. He's really funny and keeps things entertaining. I am in a great district. There's 8 Elders and 4 Hermanas and everyone is pretty compatable and gets along very well. Two Elders are going to Guatemala, two Elders and a sister are going to New York, two Elders and two Sisters are going to Arizona, my comp is headed to California, and a sister and I are going to Provo. After seeing the companions Taylor had on his mission I am happy to see that most of the people here, or at least in my district, are pretty mature and knowledgeable. Everyone has a desire to learn and it shows during classes. I have two great teachers who both are from Utah but served abroad. We havent worked on too much Spanish but I can pray and bear my testimony with a limited vocabulary.

Mom- Thats crazy you met Sister Pitts! Hopefully she'll remember that in 8 weeks when I meet her. And I think I met the Branch President Romney you mentioned last night. Ive still kept my eyes open for Brad Stapley but he is nowhere to be found!

Dad- Thanks for all the notes, it is great to open so many letters!

Ash- Thanks for the package! Its nice to finally have a spanish him book and some other food.

Taylor- you were right about the other Elders. It does seem like they have been here so much longer than us, but in the long term perspective its really nothing. More Elders get here today so it will be nice to actually be older than someone.

Other than that, I dont really have much to say. The first couple days went pretty slow but its starting to pick up. There's an Elder from Idaho in my room and him and I have been utilizing the hall pull up par on a nightly basis. The gym is getting stadium seating installed so we cant play basketball..so we have have been switching off between lifting a little upstairs and playing soccer outside (I wear a knee brace). Also, one of the zone leaders is from Rupert! He said he knew Garrett but he was a year older than him. If I remember correctly Glenn gets here today so I'll keep an eye out for him. Well, I better go... keep the letters coming!

Elder Tanner Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment