Thursday, August 12, 2010

MTC Week 2

Hola!
Well Ive made it to the second P-day but it already feels like Ive been here forever! Its really wierd, the days go by fast but when you look back you realize youve only been here for a short time... Anyway, things have been going well. I guess I'll just start my week by describing Sunday which was where most of the exciting news is. Sunday morning I was eating breakfast and I finally saw Brad. We talked for a while then ended up meeting at the temple walk that afternoon for some pictures. It was really fun to see him again. Then, while eating dinner a couple hours later I hear an "Elder Clark!" I look up and Chelesa and Sandy Evans are standing about 20 feet away from me in a food line! Evidently they came to watch their friend Brother Jackman speak at the Sunday night fireside. So I talked to Chelsea and Sandy for awhile then went over to Ethan, Aaron, and Dave who were all very surprised to see me. It was fun to actually see some real people! Also, that night I met an Elder who said he was from South Carolina. I told him about Lindsay and Blake in the Spanish branch and he said he was pretty sure he had played basketball against that Spanish branch because he remembered thinking it was wierd thier President was white. Thus, I made some sweet connections Sunday. Spanish is going well. Mondays we have a district goal of doing english fasts. It usually starts well but sizzles out by the end of the day. My companion and I struggled through like ten minutes of teaching the first lesson in spanish but we finally had to switch over. Sometimes I just have to stop and think that Ive only been here for 14 days. We go to the computer lad almost everyday to work on spanish and I find that very helpful.


-We had the TRC on saturday night but there werent enough volunteers so we just taught missionaries

-No package from Tiff yet

Dad asked me six Questions so here are the answers..
1. P day is today, wednesday
2. The food is pretty good...but I dont really love anything too much
3. My second day of playing soccer I tweeked the knee, so soccer didnt go very well at all. Its still kinda swollen but it will be alright. It is painful though to go out to the field and stand there throwing a frisbee around while watching everybody else play soccer...
4. We go to the temple every wednesday, so today will be round two
5. I did get the fan, and it is great
6. And finally, I do get the most mail in the district. Thanks for all the letters!

-Please thank Tiff for posting the dear elder thing on facebook. A lot of my friends have written through that. And the great cupcakes!
-Also, dad said he wanted me to write bishop forte once a month but I need his address...


Pleasefoward this to the siblings.. I know you sent me their addresses but I left them in the room...

Time is just about out...30 minutes goes by so fast, but all is well here at the MTC!

Love, Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment