Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mission Week #67


January 17th, 2012
Hello!
 
As you can tell, I didnt write yesterday due to the holiday. We had a fun P day yesterday. I talked to President on Saturday and he said we might be getting a visa waiter companion and then the APs called us Sunday and confirmed. So, yesterday morning we went to the mission office and picked up Elder Datwyler, who is waiting on a visa to Barcelona, Spain. He is from Logan. Directly after that we went to Nickel City and played laser tag, a great first thing to do right after stepping out of the MTC. It is fun to be with a young one again. 
 
Of course the highlight of the week was the sightings at BYU. I had a feeling that I was going to see someone. As we were crossing the parking lot walking in I saw a Florida liscence plate on a car. Sister Bravato stepped out and we took a couple pictures. We were there to interview an investigator for the BYU Elders and as we were walking around the library looking for them I saw Bennet on the computer. I went and sat next to him and after a couple seconds he realized who I was. He texted Christian and he ran over. It was great to see them all!
 
Last week went well. I dont really remember how much I have talked about each of the investigators we are teaching.....but hopefully I have mentioned Manuel. He is 28 and from Mexico. He dad is less active and he was going to get baptized 7 years ago in Mexico but moved here. We have been seeing him for like 3 weeks and it was cool when we invited him to be baptized because the day that we set was exactly 7 years from his date he had in Mexico. He got pretty sick and wasnt able to make it to church this week but he is pretty set to be baptized the 27th. When we went over the baptismal interview questions and asked about the "beliefs" he had, he kept saying "I dont believe, I know."
 
For like two months we have been trying to visit the sister of a couple hnas in the ward and wednesday we were finally able to meet. In the end we just set up a dinner. If there is food, people generally show up. Her name is Veronica and she is a single mom. We saw her again Friday and again last night is she is progressing well.
 
The Gonzales family is about the same. Hno said he is ready to take the step but just wants to wait for his wife.
 
I submitted the scholarship application to BYU this week. It was weird doing it from BYU.
 
There are two Japanese missionaries in the mission and they are both in our district. One sister and an Elder. It is awesome when we are in district meeting and there are outbursts of Spanish, Japanese, and English all at the same time.
 
I think that is it for this week.
 
Love, Elder Clark
 






No comments:

Post a Comment