Monday, March 14, 2011

Mission Week #24 TRAINING!!!!!

Sent: Mon, Mar 14, 2011 1:23 pm
Subject: Transfers

Hola!

This last transfer flew by. Saturday night we recieved our transfer calls. I was waiting by the phone around 9 and the call didnt come until like 10:20. The suspense always kills me. I was hoping that Elder Wallace and I would just stay together for another 6 weeks but we received the the news the he would be going to Spanish Fork and I would be staying. I don't know who my new companion will be yet. There are 4 new Elders coming fresh from the MTC. Three Americanos and one Mexicano. Wednesday morning we will meet up and all the trainers will sit one one side of the room and the new ones will sit on the other and then President will announce who it is. It feels like I was just sitting on the new side of the room! It should be a fun experience to train though. New missionaries just have the fire.

Everything is going great in Santaquin. Alejandra is having a lot of problems with her husband but she is moving along nonetheless. I guess her husband was out of town the first couple times we went but this week when we went he was there. We went in and said hi to him and went over to shake his hand but he just grunted and wouldnt look at us or shake our outstretched hands. She said she was going to the lawyer this week and I think they are working on getting a divorce. However, she came to church yesterday and is doing awesome. Yesterday afternoon we met again with her and watched the Restoration DVD. She said she believed everything so we started talking about baptism. She was kind of unsure about it at first but we were able to set a date for April 9th. The Branch President's wife, Sister Flores, called her later to see how she was doing and I guess somehow her family in Mexico found out she was talking to us. Her mom was upset that she would consider changing religions but I think Alejandra will be able to just keep moving forward.

The Munoz family and Vasquez family are both doing alright. We havent been able to meet with them as often as we would like and it will be hard to get them to church but we are continuing to work with them. We had a Branch tracting activity on Thursday and it was only the mission leader and a priest but we got some good knocking in.

I think thats it...It should be a interesting upcoming week!

Love, Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment